The life of a fully qualified SLT

The life of a fully qualified SLT

Thursday 27 December 2012

Student Voice - Using Social Media

Recently I wrote a piece for the RCSLT Bulletin monthly magazine about how Twitter had supported me through my first year of being a SLT Student and spoke about encouraging other student SLTs, SLTAs and SLTs to join the Twitter world.  I found out that this piece is to be publicised in February 2013 edition of the Bulletin.  When my tutor's at University found out, they offered me a chance to be in the first edition of the University of Essex SLT Newsletter that goes out to all Placement Educators for the Universities SLT department.  Though the whole Newsletter is an in-depth much longer piece, I thought I would add my section in to my blog for all to see and hopefully in February 2013 I can upload my piece from the Bulletin.  If anyone would like a copy of the full University of Essex SLT Newsletter feel free to comment below and I can email a copy onward.


 
University of Essex SLT Newsletter - Click to Enlarge

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma, I'd really appreciate having a read of the SLT newsletter if possible. I'm a third year student . I'm interested to know more about the set up of the newsletter and the kinds of information that is provided to your PEs.
    I'm enjoying reading your blog!
    Thanks :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you drop me an email at gemmabiles@googlemail.com I can forward on a copy :) Thanks for the comment, much appreciated! Gemma

      Delete