The life of a fully qualified SLT

The life of a fully qualified SLT

Monday 10 December 2012

Blog-Neglect & Being a Tweeter

I have somewhat neglected my blog for what feels like a very long time! (Since June apparently!) Which is surprising to me, as I've found that blogging is a great tool for reflection!  However, the reason for this "blog-neglect" is because I have found an equally fantastic reflective and CPD tool..read on to find out what it is!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, over the past few months of this academic term, I have become a great "Tweeter" and feel this is the reason why I have "accidently" engaged in severe blog-neglect! But I would say, to any bloggers that are not on Twitter.. WHY? It is so fabulous. 
 
I am now an avid Tweeter with SLT/SLP's from around the world in so many different locations, who range from Assistants to Students to "want-to-be" students to Qualified SLTs, and it is just so great to get so many different perceptions, opinions, knowledge from the comfort of your home/university/workplace. 
 
I recently wrote a Letter to the Editor of the RCSLT Bulletin on the impact Twitter has had on my CPD as a student and I am very pleased to announce it is being published in the February 2013 edition! So all you UK SLTs keep an eye out for it, and any overseas SLT/SLPs I shall most definitely be updating my Blog & my Twitter account so you can all see my piece as I am very excited about it.

So, though this blog is a short one, it is mainly just to say apologies from me to my blog for its neglect - I do not love Twitter more than it, I would hate for my blog to think that - but I would say, that all your SLT/SLPs, no matter whether assistant/student/qualified/wanna-be student, get on to Twitter! And don't forget the hashtags #SLPeeps and #SLP2B (or #SLT2B in the uk!).

(& hopefully I'll be back again this week to blog about my first term as a final year post-grad SLT student!)

No comments:

Post a Comment