The life of a fully qualified SLT

The life of a fully qualified SLT

Monday 4 March 2013

The last long run..

I am sure that I am not the only student SLT in this position, the position where the long stretch from now to qualifying means that the end is in sight, but that there is still a lot of hard work and time to put in over the next few months.

This unfortunately means that my Blog has taken a back seat, though I do want to thank all those that continue to visit my blog - I really do appreciate it!

So what is to come for me and my peers at the University of Essex over the next 5 months, 4 weeks and 1 day? (Thanks to my Countdown app I know exactly how long it is until my final University deadline).

Well I have 7 more weeks of University term, which includes 2 essays, 2 placements, and a Research Proposal to write, on top of 3 days a week of class.  Luckily for me, I just finished 1 of my 2 placements and have completed 1 of the 2 essays, so a little breathing space means more time for Research Proposal (Anyone else doing a MSc SLT degree? Hard hard work, but feels so so worth it!). 

Then in 7 weeks time I start my block placement.  And for anyone on the University of Essex degree programme, the block placement is the light at the end of the tunnel, its 5 whole weeks of doing what you are here to do, be a SLT! I am very excited to announce that my block placement is in Surrey, in the Community Adult LD team and I for one cannot wait to begin it!

And then it really is a whirlwind after block.  We luckily have TAPP - Transition to Autonomous Practitioner Placement, where we get an opportunity to work with paediatric client having not seen any littlies since May 2012! And then a VIVA to end the summer, and a CPD portfolio to bring it all together. 

So whilst it may seem like a long hard stretch, this really is my last long run as a Student SLT and I cannot wait for the day I can blog and work as a real SLT!
 
 
Any other student SLTs in the same position?
How are you coping with the last few months of being a Student SLT?
 How are your placements going?
I'd love to hear all about it!
 

As for me and the next few months, I have built up a long list of ideas that I want to blog about.  So look out for me and my blog over the next month or two and I hope to return back to the blogging scene on full form

As for today, research methodologies await me.

No comments:

Post a Comment